Cosmetic tooth alignment – the missing piece in minimally invasive cosmetic dentistry
- Friday 27 April, 3:30 - 4:30
- This lecture is presented by: Dr Biju Krishnan
- This session will take place in: Room 4 dentist
- An overview of what can be achieved using cosmetic tooth alignment techniques
- Why you must consider this option in all restorative/cosmetic treatment planning
- Basic principles and techniques
- How to use in conjunction with Smile Design protocols
- When to use and when to avoid
- Dispelling some of the myths and misinformation
- A look at the revolutions that are changing the way we will provide treatments in the future.
It is no longer acceptable in the practice of cosmetic dentistry to pick up the drill and start cutting enamel when significant improvements to tooth position can be made in as short a time as four weeks.
Minimally invasive cosmetic dentistry has been revolutionised by the advent of cosmetic tooth alignment. With occlusion friendly appliances aimed at the general practitioner, pre-alignment of teeth before destructive enamel preparation is now becoming the norm in all smile design cases.
With a fully digitised workflow, the provision of simple anterior cosmetic alignment is predictable, safe and profitable for the general dental practice setting.