Head and neck cancer – an overview
- Friday 27 April, 3:45 - 4:45
- This lecture is presented by: Jillian Eastmond
- This session will take place in: Room 1
This lecture counts toward eCPD outcomes:
Aims and objectives:
1. To provide the dental team with an overview of the aetiology and treatment of head and neck cancer
2. To discuss the effect head and neck cancer has on patients
3. To provide knowledge on how to raise the issue of smoking cessation to patients.
After this lecture delegates will be able to:
1. Discuss the main causes of head and neck cancer
2. Identify risk groups and risk factors
3. Discuss the common signs and symptoms of oral cancer
4. Discuss the effects of tobacco use as a contributory factor of oral cancer
5. Raise the issue of smoking cessation to at risk patients.