Radiography and radiation protection (IRMER update)
- Saturday 28 April, 9:30 - 10:30
- This lecture is presented by: Jillian Eastmond
This session will take place in: Atrium 2
- core cpd
- Discuss IRR 2017 AND IR(ME)R 2018 and their importance in the workplace
- Discuss the production of x-rays and methods of restriction of exposure to themselves and others
- State the role of the Radiation Protection Supervisor, Advisor and employer
- State the role of the operator, referrer and practitioner
- Discuss justification of medical exposure and the ALARP principal
- Discuss the importance of dose limits, controlled areas, investigation & notification of incidents, training, monitoring, optimisation and Quality Assurance
- Discuss common film faults and how they can be avoided.
This session counts toward eCPD outcomes:
To update the dental team and improve their knowledge and compliance of the Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR)2017 and of the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations IR(ME)R2018 ensuring an improved, safer working practice.
To deliver information on legislation relating to the IRR 2017 and IR(ME)R 2018. To discuss radiation production and methods of limiting the effects of ionising radiation to delegates and others.
Delegates will be able to:
To book onto this workshop, please email email@example.com
Please note, places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.